Friday, April 30, 2010

THE DRIVE TO DALLAS

Heading west on I-20 was a battle with very strong wind with excess of 40 mph gusts (according to Dallas weatherman last evening).  The wind was blowing out of the south which meant I had a constant cross wind for the journey.  I had to lock my elbows straight to keep the RV under control. 

At least Dallas metroplex traffic was kind to us just when we needed it.  The loop around Dallas on I-635 was without incident as the traffic was fairly heavy at 1 p.m. but there were no stoppages.   Driving an RV on a 10-lane interstate highway was a nerve-racking experience as cars & trucks entering the highway were truly Dallas crazy drivers.

Our campground leaves a lot to be desired, like green grass, but we are spending our time and Wendy & Scott's home about 20 miles closer to town.  Amelia (granddaughter) has dance class on Saturday and John (grandson) has his first T-ball practice.  I'm glad we are not driving for a few days since my arms and back are sore from the battle with the wind.     

2 comments:

  1. Ann --
    I loved reading about your "hooking up" prior to take-off and your journey to date. Sounds like an adventure and you have just begun! I will look forward to further trip photos and descriptions along the way. Things seem to be going well at Haven Hospice Volunteer Servcies except that we miss you.
    Gillette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you missed the worst of the storms and had a safe arrival in Dallas. Carla

    ReplyDelete